Mylan will use the information about you in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
1. Under what circumstances do we collect your personal data and what kind of personal information will we collect?
Personal data in the context of this policy refers to any material used to identify or be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. When we refer to personal data that includes information about you or your patient's health, we will refer to it as a “health-related personal data”.
If you decide to provide personal information, Mylan has the right to use the following information:
- Information that you voluntarily provide.
- When you register on our website or use certain features of our website without registration, choose to participate in our
interactive services (such as questionnaires, health surveys, care management tools or quality assessments), or you decide to
participate in Mylan. A discussion forum or chat room that may require you to submit or you may voluntarily disclose your personal
data and/or health related information.
- If you are a healthcare professional or a healthcare provider, you are provided with health-related personal data from Mylan
through our website. You are responsible for obtaining the authorization and consent of your patient. When you submit any such
information, you represent and warrant that you have been authorized by your patient to do so. Please note that patient
information may not be disclosed in Mylan's discussion forum or chat room.
- The information we collect from your computer or your electronic device.
- When you browse our website and personalized website content, we can use your computer's IP address to keep in touch with you.
- We collect information about your use of our website through cookies. We can only use this information to contact you if you
have provided us with personally identifiable information when using our website. We may use data obtained through the use of
- Customize your website experience by anticipating information and services that may be of interest to you;
- Improve the functionality of our website by monitoring the traffic in popular areas and modify the services and information we
provide to meet the needs of our customers; and
- Used for our business purposes (including our website operations and research and product analysis) to help us better market
- Sign up using our online information and services to individuals.
If you choose to register to use our online services and products, we can also collect and use personal information (such as your name and contact information) you provide to us in order to send an email to you, confirm your registration and respond to your questions.
- Personal participate in our interactive online services
If you choose to participate in our online interactive services (including health questionnaires and care management tools), you choose to disclose personal information (which may include health information), we will collect and analyze it to help us better understand the new facts about how our products are used to treat the diseases they are targeting. Although the information provided by you through such interactive services may not identify you, we may contact them with other personally identifiable information that you provide elsewhere on our website. We can integrate this information with information obtained from other users of the website to create aggregated data that will be used for our commercial purposes, including investigations and analysis that will enhance the quality of our products and help us better promote our products.
4. Your personal data processing location
Mylan is a US-based multinational company with multiple data centers around the world, including the European Union and the United States. Mylan can process personal data in a global database, and access to the global database is available to authorized personnel worldwide. Please visit www.Mylan.com to view the list of affiliates of Mylan. Data transfers outside Hong Kong are made in accordance with the applicable privacy laws. Whether collecting or processing personal data, Mylan takes appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to ensure data security.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
When designing the processing system and performing system processing, Mylan will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized processing of personal data.
In order to ensure the privacy and integrity of the personal data and health-related information that you provide to us, we may use data encryption. As a new security precaution, all personal data and/or health-related personal data will be firewalled to protect against intruders.
Mylan will not use your personal data in direct marketing unless with your written consent. When Mylan uses your personal data in direct marketing for the first time, you will receive a notification that Mylan will cease to use your personal data in direct marketing upon your request.
Meanwhile, Mylan will not provide your personal data to any third party for direct marketing unless with your written consent. Mylan will also stop providing your personal data to any third party in direct marketing when receiving your written request.
6. Modification of our privacy statement
7. Links to other websites
8. We reserve the time limit for your personal data
In general, we retain personal data for specific commercial purposes or for data collection purposes. In some cases, we may retain information for a longer period of time in accordance with the laws, regulations or codes of conduct applicable to our business.
9. If you have the right to inquire or exercise your visit, how can I contact us?
Please note that Mylan may have to retain certain of your information in certain circumstances.